I have to say I was a little proud to see Emma writing a To Do List. Granted, as a 5th grader, her list isn’t too long but she covered the things that are most important to her.
My mom is famous for her post-it note To Do system. She puts a post-its all over one of her kitchen cupboards as a visual reminder of all the things that need to get done.
I love reading To Do lists – they reveal so much. Here’s Emma’s…
What can be gleaned from her list?
- Friends are important to her. Emma is a care-taker.
- Emma likes to spend time with her Mom (aw)
- Emma loves all forms of shopping – even grocery shopping.
- Emma enjoys her snowdrifts at Caribou.
- Emma is great at Latin because she studies it every day. It really doesn’t need to be on her list, but it shows that she keeps it a top priority even though it’s already a habit.
What I love most about Emma’s list, is that she is really focusing on her needs. As Giuliana Rancic said, “We have to start putting ourselves on the to-do list.”